How do I enroll?

If you are receiving Social Security or Railroad Retirement benefits, you will be automatically enrolled in Medicare when you turn age 65.  Your Medicare card should arrive 3 months prior to the date coverage begins, which usually is the first of the month that you become eligible for Medicare.  If you don’t wish to enroll at that time, you can refuse coverage by returning your Medicare card.

You can also enroll during a Special Election Period, such as when you decide to drop your employer’s group medical coverage.  In this case, your employer will provide you with a letter documenting your coverage and termination date, which you will need to take to the Social Security office.

If you are not yet receiving retirement benefits or wish to enroll during a Special Election Period, you can enroll at and select the enroll now tab.  It will take you to the section of the social security website that allows you to enroll into Medicare Part A and Part B.

If you need additional help, one of our agents would be happy to assit you or your can set up an appointment at the Social Security or Railroad Retirement office.

Social Security

National Phone: 800-772-1213
Local Social Security office:

3808 N. 1st Avenue, Tucson, AZ 85719


88 W. 38th Street, Suite 100, Tucson, AZ  85713

Call 866-331-7693 for an appointment or simply show up a wait for the next available agent to help you.


Railroad Retirement Board

Phone: 877-772-5772
Arizona field office:

1220 S Alma School Rd. Suite 106
Mesa AZ 85210
(Call to set an appointment in Tucson)